Hey! I’m doing great and we went to Reggio Calabria on Friday and got my permesso Saturday morning and left and got back on Saturday night. We waited for four hours in the building and it took me under two minuets to get it once I was called in haha...they verified who I was with my right index finger.. The one I got stitches on and that has the scar all the way down haha....they could have used any finder but it was funny. I didn’t even have to show them ID.. Not my passport or anything haha. But it was a pretty crazy trip home. Well in the beginning, we lost our phone from Sciacca to Palermo and the driver brought it back to Sciacca and left it where we buy tickets so we had to do the whole trip without our cell phone. But we were fine because Sorella Taranto called our phone and talked to the driver and we didn’t even know we had lost it. She then called Reggio and told them we lost it so they knew we couldn’t get a hold of them. Other than that church went well, pretty normal, but a dude showed up who hadn’t been in like 10 years.
Our weather here has been pretty good for the last two weeks it seems like nothing too bad. It’s getting pretty warm tho....we usually don’t wear our suit coats in the morning hour. Oh, I did splits with our zone leaders yesterday and Monday and it was an Anziano Rogers from Utah, Lindon area
Yay! For Brandon…. good for him. I’m excited for him. And that’s cool that Jennifer got hers too. Sounds like fun.
Questions
1. Do you have lots of wind being on the coast and all??…
Not too bad lately.. It’s going to get super humid soon
2. How did church go this week? Did you show the Easter DVD?? It is so good
No, we didn’t, but we are watching the testaments tonight with all the members and their friends.
3. Are there any other languages there? You said that there was something else but I didn’t understand if it was Italian with a different dialect or was something totally different. Yeah there is Sisilian and also the Sciacca dialect that everyone speaks and their accent here in Italian is way different then Lecce and Reggio. It’s crazy how much it changes. But people speak to people they don’t know in Italian first usually unless they don’t speak Italian which you find every once in a while with the uneducated people or really old poor people and some only speak some Italian. Like half Italian and half dialect down here and it’s not too hard to understand.
4. Oh yes, where are you watching conference? And how does that work with the time difference?
We watch it in the church and we just watch it at night....we miss a few sessions because they are too late. But I am really excited to see them it’s always nice...I think we will have to watch it in Italian tho which is a little different...it’s hard to explain why but it’s just not quite the same as hearing it straight from their mouths.....we will have to read it in English when the Liahona comes out. But other then that life is great. We are going to a city called Gela on Tuesday for a small zone conf thing and interviews with president. I’m pretty excited about that. Also the 3 or 4 days around Sunday is a holiday here. They take it all off for Easter. But life is good the church is true and I love being a missionary. Thanks again for the packages. Love you both a ton.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
March 31
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment