Hey, I’m doing great and I’m in a city called Sciacca now with Anziano Carli he is American but his dad is Italian and we are doing great. I left Sunday and traveled for 23 hours, haha and got here on Monday night. Life is good and this city is small but it will be good. My companion is branch president and there are around 6 active members here, so this will be quite the new experience haha. I’m happy to be here. It was a little hard at first to leave Anziano Peterson and Lecce because we had so many good things going and so many friends and good people and an awesome branch but I know I am needed here in Sciacca. It’s on the southern side of the island and really close to Africa...like 120 ish miles away hahaha. All in a days swim....jk...also the internet point here is around 5 times more expensive then Lecce so unfortunately my emails might be a little shorter but I will try to do my best. The city is beautiful and if I sit up on my bed I look out over the ocean and it’s really really beautiful. The people here on average are a lot shorter then the mainland and the dialect is so thick you can’t understand people unless you go up and talk to them in Italian. They will talk back in Italian but when people walk by it’s impossible to understand the dialect but luckily about 98 percent of the people speak Italian too haha. I’m really excited to find some good work here and with enough faith it won’t be a problem. I heard the new pres is a co founder of jet blue from the Salt Lake area and so it will be interesting to get to know him. well I looked at the moon and it looks the same to me....the same face of the moon is facing the earth always and you never see the back side of the moon so I’m pretty sure it looks the same here as it does there but I’ll take a picture for you, haha and you can judge for yourself :) Anziano Carli is from California Sacramento area and we have a lot in common already. He likes ball, I like ball and we have similar personalities. We will do good things :) Well other then that I turn 20 in two days and so that will be weird but unfortunately I didn’t get any packages yet but I know a few are in the mail.... well life is going great and I am excited to be here . I love you both
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment