Well, today we had intentions to go to Albero Bello a city north with our zone but we got to the city called Monopoli and there wasn’t a bus to Albero Bello until to late so we just checked out Monopoli and it ended up being a really beautiful city :) I took some pictures with my really cool underwater camera. I got some of a crab that was eating and some real shrimp and fish all from standing on a rock and sticking my hand in the water. They turned out pretty cool. We took some other good pictures and it was really fun. We walked a bunch and are tired but we have some good appointments tonight.
But other then that this week has been amazing :) . We had two great member referrals that we had lessons with on Monday and they went great. One was of a family of three and she was just feasting on the words we were teaching. It was a really cool lesson, and the other was a single lady with two daughters and she seems really interested too but we are really excited to keep teaching them both. We are meeting with the family tomorrow afternoon I can also do smilies too haha. We have been really happy and it seems like Heavenly Father just gave us a huge new plate of work and we have lots to do. The only down part is that our African investigator moved out of Lecce and we are sad about that because now she lives like 20 miles outside of Lecce so we can’t teach her very well now and it is going to be really hard for her to come to church but hopefully she will be able to come every once in a while.
Transfer calls are tomorrow so I will find out tomorrow night if I stay here in Lecce or not. We will see but I am still leaning to the fact that I’m staying but I’ll find out tomorrow if I get the call from president or not.
Well other then that I’m almost 20! Crazy huh… mom and dad you finally won’t have any teenagers! Isn’t that crazy to think about. This will be the first time in..... if I was born when Joy was 13 then you two have had at least one teenager for the last 20 years! Crazy huh!!! How do you feel?
But I’m doing great and there is nothing to complain about it’s been about a year since I went through the temple and that’s cool to think about other then the fact that I can’t go for another year and a little haha but I cant wait to get that opportunity again. (Are you getting all these smilie faces?)
Anziano Peterson gave a talk in sacrament meeting last Sunday and it went pretty well. But a few people weren’t there because the branch president’s wife is in the hospital for a tumor in her stomach area somewhere and they are doing surgery soon but they aren’t too worried about it so everything must be ok. Well there were some cool scriptures that I wanted to share but I forgot them so I guess I’ll have to write them next week. Life is good and there is nothing to complain about and all I wanna do is serve our Heavenly Father which is pretty easy out here. The church is true. I love being on a mission and all is well.
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
February 24
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 1:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love reading Brent's letters! Thanks for posting :)
I served in Monopoli for 4 months. It's a great city. Too bad I didn't know you were going. I would had you go visit some people for me. That's so cool that you were able to check it out. Too bad you didn't get to go to Alberobello though. I've been there several times and it is amazing. Later, Brother Biron
Post a Comment