Well, I have some BIG news...like news that is mission changing news....and it’s going to be really weird... get your Italy map ready....Well because president Taranto and the other two mission presidents from Italy are going home, the First Presidency has decided to call only two Italian mission presidents and so as of July 1st I will be a missionary in the Italy Rome mission! Isn’t that crazy. I’m not sure exactly what the new boundaries will be but I know that Rome will be in the mission and all the cities in that area. Also the other island Sardinia will be in the mission too. It’s really weird and I don’t know what to think yet but it’s going to be quite the change. And instead of 60 missionaries we will be doubled to 120, crazy. So the mission home will change to Rome and I will go to Rome at least once and if I’m ever zone leader or anything then a few more times. I will come home through Rome in two years instead of Catania and packages will have to be sent there and when we get the addresses and things I will let you know. At this point people will be in Catania till July so don’t be afraid to send mail there still.
Other then that news we played some soccer this morning with the branch and we had our interviews with president yesterday and he made it sound like I might stay in Lecce for one more transfer after this one. This transfer ends when February ends and then I will see if I stay or not but as of right now it’s like 50/50 chance stay or go.
Oh we also had zone conf in Bari on Friday and that was fun Elder Causse from the first quorum of the seventy came and spoke to us and that was fun. It was a really good conf. There was also an area 70 who is Italian there. We learned a lot and I was able to see some mission friends and things and it was also my first time to Bari (the second biggest city or third in the mission until July). Oh they are able to change the missions to two because I’m pretty sure Sicilia is going to become a stake this summer and so a stake pres will be able to do everything down on the island that president Taranto has to do right now. When he came for interviews he said, well in a mission you work yourself out of a job haha.. We took that as Sicilia will be a stake soon :). Well other then all that craziness I’m doing good. It sounds like the funeral went well and I’m glad you were able to make it home safe and everything went well. I’m doing good and in my interview I got to tell president all about my awesome family and grandpas and it was pretty fun because I like to talk about my family. It sounds like everything is going well at home and that makes me happy :) have a great week and I love you both very much!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
February 3
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 8:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment