BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 17

I’m doing great and life is good. Well did you hear about the two missionaries from Romania? That’s sure a bummer. I knew one of them from the mtc. He was at Helaman halls with me but I didn’t know him till the mtc. I’m pretty sure they died from carbon monoxide poisoning which stinks but I want everyone to know that in my mission we have had co2 detector alarms for the last year or so that won’t happen to me. That’s sweet that dude won the boarding again. Go USA! I’m proud to be an American but I love Italy too (the people the most).
Well I think I told you about our house here. We have the unlimited hot water heater and the shower head is sufficient. We also have extra rooms and like four extra beds and like four extra desks...all the houses were bought for like 4 to 6 missionaries and now everywhere there are two missionaries. So we have a huge fridge and sweet house. :)
Well we did splits this last week, twice once with the Anziani from Brindisi and once with the zone leaders from Taranto and I did splits with Anziano Ascione who is Italian and that was really fun. With the language I’m doing good and feel blessed. There are still things to learn as there will always be but I understand everyone when they speak Italian and not dialect but there are words that pop up that I don’t 100% understand and there are still some grammar things I am working on but all in all I’m doing good. I translate every Sunday into English and stuff like that and I don’t feel too restricted when I speak, so life is good. non vi so dire di piu haha.
Oh two other fun things. one is that I cut my hair and think I did one of the best jobs I have ever done and two is that I found 1 kg of oats on sale for 4 bucks usually 14 at this random international store and they also have brown sugar too and so this morning I made some good, straight up dad and Brent, morning oatmeal :) and it was way good.
You will have to let me know when Brandon and Garrett and everyone else gets their calls….and unless this mud slide was recent then it was the one that happened in like September in Messina...14 people died and I saw the destruction the next week and it wasn’t just one slide it was many different ones and I saw some cars with only 4 inches of the roof showing.Well have a great week and I love you both thanks for all you do and your prayers!
anziano hansen

0 comments: