BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

November 25

Hello I only have like 5 min so I’ll make it quick and write again in a day or two. We just arrived from Malta a few hours ago and one of the office couples took us out to get pizza :) Malta was really fun and it’s a really interesting country. A few of the missionaries out there are really awesome and they are starting to see good success. I’m doing great and it is starting to get cold in Rome. It was hot for two days in Malta and chilly one of the other days, all day today felt like 70 degrees tho :) Now back in Rome it is a bit chilly and we missed almost all of that hard rain that hit :) we dodged the rain every time we switch zones of Italy. Anyway I’ll write again soon....I’m thankful for my family.
happppy thanksgiving! Hello to everyone. I’m doing great and we ate thanksgiving dinner...well lunch...and it was great. I made the mashed potatoes and they turned out well. I’m doing well and it was fun to eat a real turkey thanksgiving dinner, there was even stuffing and cranberry sauce :) Life is great and it has rained just a little today but nothing too bad. Oh so last Sunday was the Rome stake conf and it went really well. It was a really good conf and the speakers were great. The stake pres here is amazing and he gave a really good talk about forgiving others. Then we went to Malta like I mentioned earlier and that was a cool experience. It completed my Paul Italy trip haha. I have been to all the cities that he went to when he went to Rome. I’m thankful for lots of things. Thankful for this opportunity to serve a mission, for the restored gospel upon the earth and the opportunity I have to have it in my life. I’m thankful for all my blessings and for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I’m a happy person and I know that I am because I have been raised in a good family and I have the Book of Mormon to read and learn from. I’m thankful for the opportunity I have to learn and grow everyday.

One thing I have been thinking about lately is motives for why people do things and why I do things. While pondering on this subject I have learned that we do things because we think we are going to get something out if it. Unselfishness means something new to me now, if we just think before we act we can use our judgment to decide if what we are doing is just for us or if we could do something better to also help other people. Like it says in Mosiah 2: 17 when we serve others we are only in the service of our God. If we really take this to heart we can realize that acts of service don’t have to be going with the young men to go help clean someone’s house, it’s a great idea but they can also be small things like showing love for others by saying hi and being nice . Well basically everything we do, we do because we see that the consequences are going to be good for us. Whether through blessings or satisfaction we do good things because in some ways it will render us happy. Once we master receiving our happiness through helping others be happy I think we start to become much more Christ like. When serving other people and doing things for them, make us happy we will become service oriented and a loving people. I hope that makes sense but yeah just a little food for thought.

Hope thanksgiving goes great and that everyone has fun. Love you both!

0 comments: