BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

October 20

Hey! This week has been pretty calm and luckily there weren’t any problems with the transfers. I’m doing great and today we were able to take a normal pday and so we went and saw the pope speak at the Vatican. It was interesting but we didn’t stay long enough to hear him speak just long enough to say we saw him haha. Then we went to the Vatican museum. That was pretty cool and there are lots of famous pieces of art. Oh we also saw the Sistine chapel and I got some good pictures. It was pretty fun to see all that stuff this morning and see some stuff by some of the most famous artists of all time.
Church on Sunday went great and was one of the best Sundays I have had in the mission. The lessons and talks were really good and it was a great spiritual Sunday. The bishop here in Rome is pretty good and he is very bold. The other day there was an 8 year old baptism and the family invited all their non member friends around 15 or so and then at the end the bishop stood up to do the welcome to the ward and he shared the scripture in Moroni 8, I think, which talks about how baptizing little children is a solemn mockery before God. He shared these scriptures to all the non members who were all baptized as a kids...it was really powerful and just about as bold as it gets. Anyway I’m doing fantastic and tomorrow we are doing splits with the Rome zone leaders and that will be fun because they are both bran new zone leaders. This Saturday is the ground breaking but it is all going through the stake so most likely we will pick up Italians who come in from some of presidents districts here in Italy. It will be fun and then on Sunday the temple will be presented with a to scale model of how it will look. I’m excited to be with the members when they see that. I hope all is well and life is going great.

0 comments: