BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

October 2

Hey! I’m doing well and last night instead of flying home president ended up driving and so we drove home to Rome with him. Well....let’s see...on Sunday after church we left for Catania...we flew in to Catania and caught a bus to Messina. Then on Monday I did splits in Messina with Anziano hatch. He is a byu guy and an Idahoan that was fun. Then on Tuesday we had a zone conf in Catania with all of the Sisilian missionaries and we left that night for Siracuse to see a baptismal service that they had. We then spent pday in Siracuse and were able to see the city and that was cool because it was one of the only big cities in Sicily that I hadn’t seen. Then we got on the train that evening and went to Messina, got a pizza, took the boat across to Villa San Giovanni and then took the midnight train to Taranto and arrived at 6 in the morning then at 9 we went to the questura(place to get green card things) and I was able to get my new permission to live here because the other one was expired. Then we finished up the day doing splits in Taranto and I was able to see Carmen, one of my old investigators that night and she is doing sooo great and her baptismal date is coming up. Then yesterday was the conference for Calabria and Puglia in Taranto. President was stuck in traffic so one of the zone leaders and I had to do the first few hours of the conf because my companion and the other zone leader had an appointment with the questura again. But it went really well and everything went smoothly. Now I’m home and were are back in Rome. Tonight we will watch conf and then tomorrow afternoon we have to go to Sardinia and so we will be missing a little bit of conf and so we will have to watch them on the computer when we get home on Wednesday. So yeah on Wednesday I don’t know if I’ll be able to email again but it’s possible.

We do have a washing machine but we don’t have a dryer. Dryers are very rare here I have seen like 3 or four in the last year haha. Some missionaries complain about hang drying clothes but I’m pretty used to it. So I wear a shirt till it’s dirty and then wash it and iron a clean one...gross, in the summer they last about 2 days and in the winter 4-5 days

Life is going good and I really do love being a missionary. It’s so good to see how people’s lives can change with the gospel and how people can become happy and happy with what they have even if they have almost nothing. I have seen the way people can go from depression and distressed to calm people full of hope and faith. It’s really really amazing to see the miracles that take place in peoples lives when the come to know the truth. The church is true and I love serving the people here in Italy. I’m happy as can be and I know that the Lord works in mysterious ways and that as long as we try our best and do our part it will all work out like it is supposed to be.
Anziano Hansen

0 comments: