Well hello! I’m doing good and life is calming down a little. All the zone and district leaders made it off a few hours ago and we were able to go home and make some food but the conference went well and traffic has been crazy so a 20 min errand took us over 2 hours haha fun..But we were able to introduce these 8 new lessons we received from the 12. They are a focus on preach my gospel,,,kinda simplified and I think it is being given to all missionaries. Fortunately President Kelly isn’t big on wearing a suit and so we aren’t going to have to start wearing a suit for a while :) I love short sleeve shirts...I have only worn long sleeve shirts like 3 times in the mission haha. But the weather is getting really nice and it hasn’t been getting too hot.
Let’s see...on Sunday night we leave for Sisley and we are there through Wednesday...then we fly to Bari and stay till Saturday...and I think we will go straight to Sardiania for conference splits and a Monday zone conference...and then at some point on Tuesday we will be coming home because transfer calls will be going out the next Saturday. It’s going to be quite the adventure but I’m excited for it.
Well at the mission home there is a maid who comes like every other day to clean and stuff like that but she doesn’t cook ever she just keeps it clean and I’m pretty sure she is a member. Almost every time we go to the mission home (every day almost) they offer us ice cream and its too dang good to refuse and we eat when there are special occasions or random meetings with missionaries that president needs to have us there for.
Anziano McDaniel is great and we are having a really good time working hard....with no traffic we live about a 15 min drive from the mission home and the church/ mission office is about 10 min from our house on the way to the mission home. Rome is huge. I haven’t even seen 1/32 of the city yet. Yeah we cook for ourselves but by now we are used to it. Tomorrow we might eat with some other people members we will see.
I am also excited for general conference coming up it’s going to be great. Rome is way cool and there is a lot of history here.
I’m happy to be here. Life is different than it has been because we have lots of planning and deciding things going on but it’s an interesting change... it is fun to work this close to president and learn from him and I’ll be looking forward to some of the days ahead when we will be able to get out and teach some lessons but that will come mostly from doing splits.
Well all is well and I’m happy being here in Rome. It’s a pretty city and I’m excited that the members will be getting a temple here in who knows how long. I can’t believe it’s almost October my oh my how times flies....
Friday, September 24, 2010
September 23
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 7:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment