Well...life for me is about to change...in like 6 hours that is ....Well we were expecting a call from president because my companion has been in Statte for like 5 transfers and I have been here for one...so the call came and president asked to talk to me and he told me that I would be leaving Statte....headed to Rome. Wow...crazy. What an opportunity. I leave for Bari with Anziano Pesci and the sisters from Taranto.... we will drive to Bari tonight and we sleep there. Then from Bari we drive to Foggia and pick up a sister who is starting her mission and then continuing to Rome. Then within the next 5 weeks I’ll go to Sardania, Napoli, Statte, Messina and Agrigento to do splits. Sardania (the other island) Rome, Napoli, Bari, Catania, and Palermo for conferences and I’m pretty sure we will be going out to Malta too. In the time we have left we will go to baptisms and try to proselyte in Rome and work with our investigators, So much for staying in Statte. Oh my new companion will be Anziano McDaniel from Ogden or something like that and he is awesome. I’m going from one of the smallest cities in the mission to one of the biggest in Europe. But I’m happy and I’ll do my best. I’ll just do what Nephi did and know that the Lord has prepared a way for me to accomplish this and as long as I give 100 percent he will make up for all my shortcomings.
It’s not sure if there will be an apostle coming but I sure hope so. But I do know that Elder Causse is coming to do a mission tour and he is a Seventy of some sort and so I’ll be spending a lot of time with him. That will be cool.
On Sunday we had stake conf in Bari and it went ok...Carmen (our investigator) with a baptismal date came and I think she enjoyed it but it seemed to be an irreverent crowd, lots of kids. I was able to see some members from Lecce.
The church is true and when we choose to be (living worthy) the spirit will guide us and this work that we are svolgendo. The church is true and I love being a missionary. Thank you for all the support you give me and your prayers are much appreciated.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
September 8
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 5:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment