BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28

Hey! Well I’m in a city called Lecce...it’s on the heel :) Yep, from the toe to the heel and it's beautiful architecturally, but very flat. It’s pretty cool because this is a very historic city and it’s very old in the center of the town. I guess it’s called the Naples of the south or something like that. But I left Reggio Calabria Sunday night then slept in Messina and got on a bus, traveled up to Taranto, slept with the Anziani in a little town close to Taranto, then went back to Taranto, got on a train to Brindisi, in Brindisi my companion got on the train with me and we got to Lecce yesterday morning. So I left Sunday night and got here Tuesday morning. haha It was really fun and quite the experience but everything went well and there were no problems.
My new companions name is Anziano Sadler from Fruit Heights I think which is north of Salt Lake and he seems really good. I have heard good things about him too and I think that this transfer is going to be really good. I’m excited. The ward here is really good and they are really young. It’s basically a single adult ward and there is a missionary coming home from France tomorrow who is in our ward...and it is a ward because we are in a stake, the bishop is an American who married an Italian and lives here. The ward mission leader is 24 and awesome. I had my first lesson with a member present yesterday before the English course Halloween party :) where everybody was as usual fascinated with my height.
Oh yeah, the baptism on Saturday went amazing. We brought the branch over to Messina because they have a font and it was perfect. Rosanna still wants to serve a mission and she will be an amazing addition to the branch in Reggio.
So because Anziano Teran was going home everybody wanted us to come over and eat with them and so from Thursday to last Sunday we didn’t miss a meal....I ate so much food it wasn’t even funny... So I probably gained a few pounds from stuffing my belly those nights haha. All well I only get to eat Italian food for two years right? But all is well and I’m happy as can be. have a great week and I love you both, Anziano Hansen

1 comments:

Anniebanannie said...

The Florence of the South. I didn't serve there, but I did visit when I was a zone leader in Taranto. I'm jealous that you are getting to enjoy all that cibo buono. keep up the good work!

Fratello Biron