BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 22

Well that was a little unexpected. Last Friday I felt inspired to write a post card to granny and grandpa and I did but I don’t remember what I wrote other then that I love both of them so it should probably get there in a week or so. I got a call from president this morning and he told me and said that you sent me an email. So I wrote a few pages in my journal and talked to president a little more but I’m doing ok. It’s so nice being a part of the True church on the earth today and knowing that I will see him again and we all will :) I read Alma 11 where it talks about what happens when someone passes away and it’s a beautiful chapter. How are you all doing tho? That’s good to hear that everyone is coming home to be with you two. I really felt something special when I was thinking about grandpa in heaven and I know he is in a good place probably doing the same thing I am doing in Italy. but I wish the best of luck at the funeral and president Taranto asked me to write something home and see if you could read it at the funeral so that is totally up to dad cause you said he is giving a talk so I’m going to share a little of what I wrote in my journal when I heard what happened.

Grandpa was an amazing man and nothing could stop him from working. I was blessed with countless opportunities to help him with things that he was doing and I had many occasions to sit with him in his office while I fixed his internet and that time spent I will cherish until I see him again. I was also blessed with the opportunity to receive my patriarchal blessing from him and he gave me the opportunity to give him two separate blessings for the sick and afflicted. ill never forget when I came home from swim practice to a dead squirrel in the backyard that grandpa shot with my 17 HMR and I returned the favor by shooting a rat in his backyard with his .22. I know that I will see him again because of what Jesus Christ did for all of us and it is a new experience for me to apply in my life what I am teaching the people of Italy. Granny, I love you and I love you all, thank you for supporting my family through these times.
Love, Anziano Hansen


But other then that I am doing good and the baptism that the other two elders in our house had went very well and so did my talk on the Holy Ghost. He is an awesome member and he knows more about the church then lots of the members. We also have two knew investigators who just showed up to church and they live 1 hour away by train. They are looking for a house here in Reggio to be closer to the church and they have only heard one lesson....to top it off they don’t speak Italian very well because they are from Romania. So we are getting everything we can get a hold of in Romanian and I think they will be baptized very soon. It’s really cool because they agree with everything and the spirit has testified to them that this is the true church so it’s really cool.
I forgot the other things I was going to write other then its stormy again :) and we had almost as many non members at church last Sunday then members :)

Mom, dad love you both and the church is true and grandpa will have a perfect body just like the rest of us and I’m sure he is happy and smiling in heaven.
Love, Brent

0 comments: