BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

September 16

hey How is everyone doing? I’m doing great and it rained like crazy this morning for the first time and there was lots of lightning too. There is a baptism this Sunday and I have the opportunity to give a talk and then again on the next Sunday so that will be fun and interesting. It’s weird because our building is an apartment and so we are going to an evangelist church to do the baptizing. But yesterday we went with the guy who is going to get baptized and our amazing branch president to the evangelist church to ask permission and we of course got into a gospel conversation. This was the first time I have ever heard a member of our church (president) and a member of another church share beliefs and bear testimony of what they believe and I have never felt the spirit bear testimony to me that one is right and one is wrong like that before...every time the leader dude from the other church would speak I just felt wrong and how they explained their church and beliefs didn’t make any sense at all and then when president Persico talked, it was amazing and everything was so right. So it was a very interesting experience but they don’t think that there is eternal marriage so we are all going to be only brothers and sisters in heaven, so that is why they are nice enough to let us use their font.
Also the huge Mary party ended last night. Basically there is like 200,000 people on a half mile stretch of road watching men carry this huge shrine of Mary down the road to some other location. There was lots of confusion and I took some pictures. Last night at 12:00, they ended the party with fireworks but we were asleep. Keep in mind this party lasted for four days.
I am still in Reggio of course but we got a new elder who I knew from the district older then me in the mtc. So we have two almost done elders and two almost brand new elders haha, but we started an English course last night and there were like 40 people who showed up.
We also ate with a family last Saturday who did a traditional food which was every part of the pig....yumm....including the skin, tongue and everything else you can think of....but it was good and I ate a ton :). That is funny you ask about my hair cause I am going to cut it when we get home from this internet place haha. But yeah, life is good and it is starting to cool off which has been really nice.
gooo cougars
Love you both and have a great week :)
Love, Anziano Hansen

0 comments: