Hey!! Yesterday was the Befana and so all the internet points were closed...and today we have been full of appointments and so this is the first chance we have had to check our emails. Life is good and we went to a baptism in Brindisi last week and brought our investigators and it went really well. We have a baptismal date and a few new investigators and life is good....a teaching missionary is a happy missionary :) so they say....bball is going well I can’t remember how much I have told you already but yeah, president Taranto told us to use our talents and basically told me and Anziano Peterson to find a team...so we did and it’s reactivated an inactive 19 year old and there is lots of potential with the coach and some of the players :) it’s pretty cool....oh also we went on an outing with our investigators to this huge sports store and I found a pair of size 16 shoes for around 20 bucks :)(dollars) and I bought them :) haha I can’t even find shoes that cheap in America. They’re not name brand but who cares. I’m not here to impress people when I go jogging in the morning and stuff.
Remember when you told me that dad asked someone if he loved food more than the Lord……well I told Anziano Peterson that and we used it on one of our investigators haha. While teaching the word of wisdom she said she would follow it when she finished her bottle of wine. We then asked her if she loves wine more then Heavenly Father and after some convincing she said she would throw it away :) it was really cool. So thank you dad it works great:)
So I was thinking about the Italian language and I noticed that there are these things called reflexive verbs where you do something to your self….like baptism…you baptize yourself, and other things like, you nervous your self and a bunch of other words. Well I noticed that ofendersi which means to offend oneself and arabiarsi means to make yourself mad. Pretty cool huh. It’s true you only offend yourself and make yourself mad. This is something that can help anyone be a happier person because you choose how you carry yourself and if you are happy and smiling or sad and frowning.
So yeah Italian is cool. So you asked about the pizza here...well let me tell you about an Italian pizza. They are really really good. They have really thin crust. It would be just a little thicker then a tortilla but not the same bread obviously. And they have good cheese and thin crust...all in all they are good but totally different then American pizzas. There is no comparison because they are totally different in their own ways... my number one favorite pizza is called the calabrese and it’s really good and spicy but my number two is still papa Murphy’s chicken garlic with the white sauce. :) oh yeah the ranch worked I had an amazing salad with ranch and tomatoes the other day and I also made sloppy joes with the taco seasoning Eric and sara sent and they turned out very good... :) just wait till I get home and make you up some amazing spaghetti :) and yes I do like spaghetti now haha. (White sauces don’t really exist here, well they do but I haven’t eaten one yet but they are out there, somewhere in Italy)
non posso lamentare.
vi voglio bene
anziano hansen
Thursday, January 7, 2010
January 7
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 8:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment