Hello! I’m doing great and life is good. We just finished a lesson with a really cool American lady. She has been investigating the church for two years and she is making really good progress. I think she is really close to baptism; the only problem is her family and the fact that they don’t support her. Things are going well with that really cool contact we met last Thursday and he told us that he received his answer because he prayed to ask if the book of Mormon is true. He was scared and full of fear. Then he said that when he asked, the fear went away and he felt a peace. He then said the next morning he no longer had the desire to drink coffee and or smoke and now the thought of it makes him sick! He is way cool but it’s impossible for him to leave his city on Sunday mornings because he doesn’t drive and the busses don’t go...so in June he will be able to stay Saturday night in Foggia and then go to church Sunday morning. He is a really cool guy and he is the kinda guy I will keep in contact with for a long time.
Well tomorrow we have zone conf and we loose our car to a new senior couple :( But we will get it back in like three weeks or something because a different senior couple goes home. Zone conf will be fun and it will be interesting to hear what they have to say. We get to share the success story of Donato and that will be fun.
I’m doing well and things are going great. We do lots of finding work here and it’s a little similar to my Sciacca experience just without all the hills of Sciacca. We are having a Valentine’s Day party for our English course on Tuesday and we are going to explain what you do in America for Valentines Day. It will be fun and anything that Italians bring food to is good :) Oh what am I cooking nowadays....well I cook lots of pasta...yesterday we had oven cooked chicken over potatoes and mushrooms it was really good and on Sunday we made pasta al forno....(pasta cooked in the oven basically) and what you do is cook the noodles till they are almost done then layer up a lasagna type thing with lots of cheese and a red sauce......really good.....and we ate that. I also made some bread on Sunday and that turned out tasty but didn’t rise quite as much as I wanted. But usually I just make pasta with red sauce with ham or sausage and onion or garlic and some parmigiano or something and sometimes I do a white sauce but it’s really heavy with a few different kinds of cheese and that media cream stuff as a base...it’s called pana here and it’s super cheap and found in EVERY store, even the little hole in the wall stores that just sell pasta, red sauce and this stuff. And yes, if you add a little vinegar it turns into sour cream :) We eat pretty well and pasta is great.
Anyway I hope things are going well and that you have a great week.
Friday, February 11, 2011
February 9
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 7:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment