hey! Life is great here in Italy and I’m doing great. It’s still warm it’s in the 90s but it’s pretty humid. that’s so cool that you got in contact with elder skovran that is my old roommate from before Nathan and we were in the mtc together...he rocks and we are very good friends and will be after the mission and I wrote him in his mission when I was in the mtc so yes if he comes over mom treat him well and I think I did tell him how good your cookies are but he prob wont remember what I said but ask him if there is anything he needs cause we are close friends. but yeah life is going great and we have an investigator named lipu from Africa and he asked us a few nights ago if he can be baptized even though he had already been in another church and of course we said yes when he knew it was right and he told us he would pray about it so I bet in a few weeks or so he will be baptized and also another investigator emmanuele is getting pretty close too...well on Sunday we did something called the mostra where we put up these cool signs on the via Corso, the busy street and we break up in the area with the 4 here in reggio and talk to people but stay close to each other and it was awesome. I taught two lessons to two awesome people and one lady when I started to introduce the book of Mormon asked if she could buy it from me and was thrilled when I told her it was free...but just like everybody else its vacation time and tons of people leave from anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months and she wont be back till October but the other guy said he would come to church and gave me his number and I told him I would call him on Saturday to remind him. But yeah life is great. It’s expected to talk to 150 people a week. Its one of the things president wants us to keep track of and mark down. they are called a "pct" and they consist of introducing yourself and where ever it goes from there its a pct and the mission average is 150 and in the last two days we have over 190 between anziano teran and I and we had like 400 last week and 13 lessons from pcts, which is the most he has had in his mission from them so the work is moving and the influence of the spirit is real when directed to talk to some one. The first lesson on Sunday I was walking straight and without even thinking I started walking toward a guy in a different direction and he is the one that said he would come to church. ok now for all the questions you asked ok the members do feed us but it only happens like once every two weeks. I have eaten at only like 3 homes since I have been here we have a washing machine in the house it takes a few hours to run but it works. They also don’t know what clothes dryers are here.
Yes mom they have grocery stores all over the place :) no we don’t have someone who helps us it’s just us.. We are going to climb mt etna next transfer when it cools off
my address here in reggio is:
anziano hansen
via filippini 85/c
89100 reggio calabria
italy
please send a dhl 30cent letter from the bookstore to that address and I will let you know in the next email or two if it comes. no packages to this address tho. I’m not sure if dhl works very well so I will report and see if I get any through this address. thanks :)
don’t worry if anything was sent to the old mission home address (i think they sent you the new one mom and dad) because they both still work.
We have a huge zone conf coming up with three different zones in Catania so that should be fun. It only takes like an hour and a half, two busses and one ferry to get there haha but yeah it will be fun because anziano anderson will be there. anziano teran and I are getting along very well and we work well together...oh there is a melon here called a yellow melon (directly translated) and they are yellow and they smash the flavor of any American melon haha the only one that could compare is an amazingly juicy water melon but even that isn’t as good. but I’m happy, always sweaty cause of the humidity, healthy, and have nothing to complain about. love you mom and dad! and everyone else too.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
August 19
Posted by Hansen Mom of six at 7:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment